· In the first quarter of 2013, 11 states experienced increases in foreclosure activity compared to a year earlier. Maine experienced the most dramatic jump: a 327% increase in filing activity. Other states where foreclosures surged by triple digits were Arkansas (150%), Maryland (123%), Washington (126%), and New York (114%).
· "The increase in overall foreclosure activity over the last five months has been driven primarily by rapidly rising bank repossessions, which in July reached the highest level since January 2013.
· Scorsese facing foreclosure on $12.5M NYC townhouse New York’s housing woes show signs of easing. Foreclosure filings in New york state plunged 31 percent in March, snapping a.
More refinancing homeowners choose shorter loan terms Most people refinance their home loans for the following reasons: Lower monthly payments. Refinancing to a lower interest rate or longer loan term will result in lower monthly. Some people refinance to shorten the life of their existing loan, usually. If and when you choose to refinance, it should be based solely on your .[LISTEN] Regtech Report, Episode #4: How regtech helps mortgage lenders do their job even better This could mean losing their job or getting evicted or having utilities cut off and being far worse off than had they borrowed money for a week or two. B: the person loans from black market loan sharks who can charge whatever or change the terms mid loan and what are is the borrower going to do about it?
· In its first-ever U.S. Foreclosure Inventory Analysis, RealtyTrac revealed that 1.5 million U.S. properties were actively in the foreclosure process or bank-owned in the first quarter of 2013.
The number of New Jersey homes entering foreclosure jumped by nearly 80 percent last month over the previous January, according to RealtyTrac. January 2013. It marked the sixth consecutive month.
· Judicial foreclosure requires a lender to file a lawsuit with the courts and prove they are entitled foreclose under state law and the loan documents. However, where the mortgage includes a "power of sale clause" authorizing a lender to sell the property upon default by the borrower, these states will allow the lender to use a non-judicial.
Foreclosure filings – default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions – continued to drop, decreasing 4% from a year ago to 119,888 U.S. properties in January, RealtyTrac’s. monthly.
The bank that rejects the most mortgages Home-buyer rejection rates ranged from 11% to 34% in 2012 at the 10 largest mortgage lenders, according to data released this month by the Federal financial institutions examination Council.
Daren Blomquist, RealtyTrac vice president, said Connecticut’s foreclosure activity is still rising for several reasons. The "robo-signing" scandal put many foreclosures on hold until lenders.
Foreclosure filings-which include default notices, scheduled auctions, and bank repossessions-increased 2 percent in May, rising from a 75-month low in April, according to the latest foreclosure report from RealtyTrac. Still, foreclosure filings are down 28 percent from a year ago.
· Over the last year, sales for distressed properties showed steep declines amid a backdrop of slower foreclosure activity and rising prices, according RealtyTrac’s foreclosure and.
"Rising foreclosure activity in many state and local markets in April was masked at the national level by sizable decreases in hard-hit foreclosure states like California, Arizona and Nevada," said Brandon Moore, CEO of RealtyTrac.
Nevada AG: Criminal actions coming to servicing industry soon Nevada Youth Legislature. Chapter 220. Revision of Statutes. TITLE 18 – state executive department. chapter 223. governor. Chapter 224. lieutenant governor. chapter 225. Secretary of State. chapter 226. state treasurer. chapter 227. State Controller. Chapter 228. Attorney General. Chapter 231. Economic Development, Tourism and Cultural AffairsHillary Clinton on CFPB: Why would you get rid of that? NY Establishes Loss Mitigation, Fair Dealing Duties for Mortgage Servicers Parents with school-aged kids gravitate to the suburbs When my children were young and we had just moved to a house in the suburbs, friends would come up and visit from the city. They would sit on the porch, or push their children on our swing set, and they’d explain how they had thought of moving to greener spaces – but they could never leave the museums and the theater, and they would lose their minds driving a carpool.